Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowman Card - First Colouring With Copics

Well I did have a three or four other images coloured with Copics before this card, but only this snowman image got actually on a card :)
I stamped Inkadinkado Snow Friends stamp on a white 160gsm card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Copics I used were: G05, G09, Y08, Y04, E37, R27, B000, B02, YR04, YR09 and Colourless Blender.

I must say that I am pleased with my first colour choice as I seem to colour everything I want and blending goes well. Only I might consider choosing muted tones of green instead of just greens as sometimes I can't get realistic enough flower stems.

My first impression about Copics themselves were that they are really good and I like their brush like tip a lot, but I find that Promarkers are a bit more pigmented than Copics and seem to push other colours away more easily when I try to blend them. But I would still choose Copics over Promarkers for their versatility. (All colours of both these markers would also do very fine :)

I added some glitter using glue pen. Blue glitter is on the snowflakes, red on berries or decorations (I'm not sure what are they) and green one is on the Christmas tree branches. I use my fine Martha Stewart glitter pack of 24.
Image was die cut and embossed with standard circle Nestabilities die and matting is from a light blue cardstock die cut with a standard scalloped circle die.
Background panel is actually a cardstock from a Russian chocolate box - I use it a lot as there is a client that comes to our hotel and brings us these chocolate boxes :)
Panel was mounted on a white card base.
In the end I added cute white pompom trim from local Abakhan shop and attached it with two small round white brads. Brads were then coloured with a blue Copic - this is another wonderful quality of alcohol markers - you may use them on almost every surface!!! And I do that now a lot - I colour brads, eyelets and staples. Oh and also teeth floss for projects with buttons and other jobs where tying is necessary.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)