Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How I Chose My First Copics

Well this is a question lots of people seems to be asking themselves and to be honest I could not find a normal answer to that. I think that I red all possible posts on choosing Copics, but then decided not to go with any of it and think about how I usually colour my images with watercolour pencils.
Oh and yes - I wanted to go for sketch markers, as I like the possibilities you can have - like airbrushing and so.

Only one thing there was to be taken into consideration - the colour coding and matching colours for blending. I.e. for best colour gradients you must choose markers which come  from the same colour family (the letters on a marker), then they have the same first digit on a marker and the second digit on a marker should not be more than 3 places apart.

Next I realised that whenever I colour my images I have to use every colour on a basic colour wheel, that makes: reds, yellows, oranges, greens, violets and blues plus additionally I use often browns and pinks.
Also there happens to be some interesting qualities for greys - when you apply them over other colours you may get different tone of the underlaid colour and therefore you have more variety of colours at your hands. You may make the colour look colder or warmer and so on.
Then there comes the skin tones as my images often are Tildas etc. what requires the colouring of a face.
And of course you may not forget about the colourless blender or the eraser.

I decided that from each of these colours there should be brighter colours and paler colours. And for both sets of colours there should be at least two markers based on the blending rule mentioned above.

So looking through the Copic colour chart I made a list of possible colours to choose from based on the principles I just explained:
Colour
Code
Tone


R29(27)
Red
1

R24
Red
1

R20
Pink (for the cheeks)
1

RV29
Pink
1

RV25(23)
Pink
1

R32
Pink
2

R35
Pink
2

V01
Violet
1

V06
Violet
1

V91
Violet
2

V95
Violet
2

BV000
Violet
2

BV02
Violet
2

B000
Light Blue
1

B02
Light Blue
1

B23
Light Blue
2

B26(24)
Light Blue
1

B29
Blue
1

B39
Blue
2

YG03
Muted green
2

YG07
Muted green
2

YG09
Muted green
2

YG95
Muted green
2

YG97
Muted green
2

YG99
Muted green
2

G02
Green
2

G05
Green
2

G09
Green
2

G14
Green
1

G19(17)
Green
1

G24(05)
Green
1

G29(09)
Green
1

Y02
Yellow
1

Y04
Yellow
1

Y08
Yellow
1

Y17
Yellow
2

Y19
Yellow
2

YR04
Orange
1

YR09
Orange
1

YR16
Orange
2

YR18
Orange
2

E00
Skin
1

E01
Skin
1

E02
Skin
1

E51
Skin
2

E53
Skin
2

E25(37)
Brown
1

E29(49)
Brown
1

E35
Brown
2

E37
Brown
2

E39
Brown
2

T1
Gray
2

T3
Gray
2

W1
Gray
2

W3
Gray
2

N1
Gray
2

N9
Gray
2

C1
Gray
2

C3
Gray
2

0
Blending pen
1

Well this is so much of marker that there comes the hardest part - decide which ones to buy first and which ones later. This was done rather intuitively - I went through all these colours and thought of which ones I want to use most - those were marked with a number 1 on the right side and the ones I will get some time later were marked with a number 2 on the right side.

Numbers in brackets shows the markers I bought as the ones I planned to buy weren't in the shop I was buying them.

I purchased all markers from the iheartpapers.com as they sell internationally and price for one marker is only 4,88 $.

I will post later of how I feel about may colour choice and my first colouring experiences.


0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)