Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Color palette #40 - Mirror Image

First things first! I had to make this wonderfull color palette into a layout as these are ones of my favourite colors. I found that there was just the perfect picture waiting for it. This turned out a very special layout for me.
This is me and my dad when I was - actually I have no idea how old I am here, could be some 5-6 years. This is one of my favourite pictures and it meens a lot to me. One of my friends onece told me that a father for her is a God - well that was true also for me. That's why the loss of him is so painfull and I would say devastating - even after almost 5 years now. It was like loosing my basic, my core - myself. And somehow making this layout helps me restore some of the magic that encircled him. I wanted to call this layout a Mirror Image, but I just could not fit in the Title :)

To be thruthfull I have to admit that i'm still learning and this layout is sort of scraplift from Karola Witczak's layout Handmade.
Again I used patterned paper from (I think so, because I can not check that right now) K&Company. Some big white paper doily for central background.
Then I made that little envelope from a note book I was given by my friend and also a student Iveta Lauka - thank you a lot! The tag and postal stamp on the enevelope were stamped with Viva Decor silicone stamps from Crown, Lion, wings set. These stamps do work a lot better with pigment inks, but mostly I have only dye inks, so that should be my next purchase soon. Actually I would be glad if someone could suggest which pigment stamps are best.
The diamond patterned golden rectangle is actually a plastic cut from a chocolate box, but it somehow gives sparcle to the layout even if it's impossible to see in the pic.
The label next to it was stamped with some kind a label stamps - I have lost it's original packaging so I can't tell the manufacturer. It says "Two hearts at the same rythm". Those two small rhinestones came from a gift set give to me by simonsaysstamp.com shop for my purchases. I buy stuff from them because they offer free internationall shipping if you buy more than 250$. So we got together with my students and made purchase together to save on shipping. But unfortunatelly it will be almost impossible to buy any more stuff from outside EU as they made a new law about VAT and customs which makes us pay additional 22% for any purchase valued more than 10EUR - including shipping costs.
Finally I used my Tim Holtz Caged Bird die. The Cage was cut from chipbord covered with a napkin with notes (one of two things I actually brought from Germany for crafting - the other was also napkins but with vintage scripts and forks, spoons and knives). Bird and wing was cut from palin card and then inked.
The dangles used to be my moms necklace with chains and silver fleur de lis ornaments. I had to colour them with a light brown copic marker to give them a matching look.
I used dark brown lace trim from my stash, some matching color Woodware paper flowers with various brads for centers. Some places were accented with dark brown cardstock punches - I used Woodware 1,5" daisy, swirl element and oak leaf punches. For the first time I made splashes as well - just mix some dark brown paint with some water and make some rapid movements with a paintbrush - that's all!
I also made small bingo cards with latvian words - this one says Love - or likely - I love in one word.
All inking was made with Walnut stain, Tea dye and Old paper distress inks.
The photograph itself is the only original and I had to attach it to layput using some transparent photo corners to get it out if I sometime will need it. I did made a digital scan of it and also improved and removed scratches from it in Photoshop but I hadn't managed to make a reall copy of it jet.

This is the palette we had to use from thecolorroom.ning.com.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)