Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Card For Aleksa - Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #31

It was time to make a card for my "big" girl and I started to look for papers - as soon as I found this Dovecraft Piece of Cake cupcake PP I knew I wanted to go for it, as it really says - I'm Aleksa - bright, colourful and fun!
I also knew that I wanted to include some image I would need to colour with Copics as I like to do that just to relax and enjoy. Aleksa really likes Tildas, so this was a nice choice.
For this card I used a sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog:
Well, maybe there is a resemblance or maybe there isn't... :)
I tried to match Tilda to the patterned paper as much as possible and here are the marker I used to colour it:
Gosh I love when people are able to take picture of Copics they've used :))
Other supplies include blue vellum, light blue card, circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies, lace ribbons from my stash, staples coloured with Copics, green card, orange and pink Distress inks and a sponge dauber, butterfly 3D sticker, pink jelly pen, pink craft wire and Jewels glue from Stamperia.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ;)
    So ot looks like Magnolia stamps have taken over most of Europe :D And...I keep holding out not buying the Copics (I use color pencils and blending solution), but I'm sooo tempted to get tem :)
    Your cards look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, I love the brigh cupcakes with this image! Thanks for playing along withthe Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE cupcakes on everything - it is my downfall! Such a sweet sweet card! Thanks for playing in the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge this week!! And welcome to our forum!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)