Friday, October 1, 2010

Winter - sketch challenge #219

This was such nice sketch and it was really fun to make this layout. Sketch is from scrapbookchallenges.ning.com.
The background was printed using patterned paper design which I downloaded free from Shabby Princess.
Smaller background was made using some pale blue card and a white napkin glued using decoupage medium. Napkin makes creases which remind me of ice and snow. Both backgrounds are inked using Broken China and Wethered Wood Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
White lace comes from my attic - can you believe, that I found lots of lacy ribbons in my attic after we moved in this house? Well, that's true and I'm so glad previous owners have left them there :)
Snowflakes and title were cut with my SDSilhouette from white 160gsm card. Afterwards I inked them with Broken China, Spun sugar and Faded Jeans inks. For inking I used Tsukineko sponge daubers for stencilling - they are so tiny and I can stick my finger in them, so it makes very easy inking.
Journalling is again done with my Gelly Roller sparkling blue pen.
Here's the sketch used:

4 comments:

  1. Turned out beautifully!
    Now I now that 'Žiema' is winter in both latvian and lithuanian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and yes - our languages really are very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say, we lithuanians say Žiema ;)
    Lovely LO, you can just feel the chill...brrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liva,
    the new Random Inspiration Challenge #12 is up on my blog:
    http://irmaperedne.blogspot.com/2010/10/random-inspiration-challenge-12.html

    hope you can join again ;)
    Irma

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)