Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poppy Cards - WMSC17

I had some sudden wish to make cards using my poppy stamps. I made both of these cards for Waltzing Mouse sketch challenge and yes, they both are from one sketch.
For the background, I used my own old script stamp, which was stamped with TH Distress Vintage Photo ink. Some inking was done with Torn Lipstick, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain inks.
Sentiment and bracket label is jet again my own stamp and it says - Just Because.
Poppy stamp is a clear acrylic stamp from Germany company Rhyer, but I found out that it is available as a digital image as well. Image is little shaded with watercolour pencils. Both - poppy and sentiment are stamped on one of my K&Company paper with a little inking with Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain inks.
Lace ribbon is from local store and dew drops were ordered from e-bay.
This card uses the same patterned paper as above (both it's sides) and same inks. Only this time poppy image is from Creative Impressions "Poppy" stamp and is lightly inked or rather you could say coloured with Spiced Marmalade and Bundled Sage inks. For inking and also colouring I use my Tsukineko Sponge Daubers for stenciling - I do love them and last week bought another set of tem to have enough if I would use more colours in one project.
Sentiment again is my own stamp and it says "I appreciate everything you do". Lace is from the same shop as above - I really like that one, they do not have lot of choice, but all what they got fits me :) I think I will make a post showing beauties I just purchased.
And this little flower brad is also from K&Company.

Here's the sketch I used:

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! The stamping is just fabulous and the coloring and inking is just perfect! So glad you played along with the WMS sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Love the soft colored flowers & pink lace! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! So glad you joined us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! love the sponging and pretty flowers! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty shabby look. beautiful work! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)