Monday, October 18, 2010

Merry Christmas - Cracked Glass Embossing Technique

Oh this was such a fun (I do say that often isn't it?). Our latest crop theme was embossing powders and what to do with them, so I'm going to post some more techniques used, but I wanted to start with this Cracked Glass technique, which is wonderfully explained in Gina K video on StamTV.
As I still don't have UTEE which is best for this technique, I used my A La Mode clear embossing powder from Hampton Art - I have three sets - metals, pastels and basic colours, where there are 16 different colours in each set, because most of all I value quantity and price :) For this small square I used about half of bottle, but I do like the effect of cracks.
I really wanted to go for a wintry card, as I think I'm now slowly switching to Christmas mode :) and this Tilda image is just so wonderful.
All the inking was done with my Distress inks - Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky and Broken China.
Polka dotted paper is from latest issue of PaperCrafts Inspirations magazine and you can download it for free.
Border was punched wit my Fiskars Effervescence Border Punch.
Oh I forgot to mention that I used sketch from Sketch Saturday Week #124

1 comment:

  1. I think the admin of this site is actually working hard in favor
    of his website, because here every material is quality based information.


    Take a look at my web site; ujawiki.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)