Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Tilda Card - 2nd October SketchSaturday Challenge

I'm in love with Tilda (I hope everyone knows that Tilda is just a stamp from Magnolia and not a real woman :) and it is allways such fun to make cards with her. I do love colouring and hope to own Copics one day, but untill then I use my watercolour pencils.
This was even more fun to make, as I used some very not common tricks for the Tilda's panel.
First I stamped my sitting Tilda on white card-stock and scrap paper using Black Sooth Distress ink (all I had with me), I cut out Tilda from scrap paper ad adhered it on my real Tilda using some repositionable adhesive. Then I stamped bench aligning it so it looks like Tilda is sitting on it.
As I mentioned before, Tilda was coloured with watercolour pencils - the ones I use is from Milan and Koh-i-nor. Milan's are more easily blendable but less saturate and Koh-i-nor's are more pigmented but harder to blend.
I do own a BigShot but currently with only one Nesties die set and even if I would have more die cut shapes, they would be in my home in Riga, but this card was made while I was visiting my mother in love. Usually when I need a die-cut shape, I find an object of proper shape and size, trace it around and cut out using scissors. This time was no exception and I raided the house for some proper sized round objects, but instead found this octagonal shaped sugar tray lid which looked so nice, that I decided to use it. I knew I wanted to make some inking on edges but with a slight white border (the effect usually done when paper is cut using Nesties), so I cut my real shape and drew around it on a scrap paper. Using a ruler I drew bit smaller shape inside my original shape and cut that inner part out - I made a mask for my border. Using some temporary adhesive I adhered my mask to real shape and inked all around edges using Broken China Distress ink.
Background papers and metal brad* as usual are from K&Company. Sentiment is ment for a birthday but it says "Lots of Happiness" and is my own stamp. Blue background and sentiment is inked with Faded Jeans ink and main background with Walnut Stain.
Lace is from my favourite shop I discussed in my previous post.
*Sorry - brad is from DoveCraft and not K&Company!
And this is the sketch:

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...such a cute image and a great take on the sketch...thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday..

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Great job coloring that sweet image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy scrapper :)
    I really like the coloring of Tilda. Also, I think Copic markers are highly overrated...you did such an amazing job with shading that no one would be able to tell the difference that it was not Copics. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)