Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Confession "Post Secret" Style

Thanks a lot to Irma Peredne for her "Post Secret" style challenge. It made me really think of all the things we try to hide during our everyday life - even from our closest ones. To be honest I had to choose from several things (blush) and I chose one that would not cause me trouble if someone found out. For more security I made journaling in English rather that Latvian as always :)
"Sometimes, after a hard night with my kids, I bring my youngest daughter to my granny and say to look after her, so I could go working, but instead I hop into my bed and have a nap".

For this layout I used some of my previously mentioned K&Company papers. Border is made again by cutting bracket template and then repeating it around edge.
Bed is actually a cutout from a magazine and I just added some corresponding colours from the bedspread by inking area around bed and attaching Woodware paper flowers with K&Company various brads. Also I've used chipboard flower images which came with my PaperCrafts Inspiration magazine.
I drew some pencil swirls and added dots to them using copper metallic marker. If anyone knows how other people got their pearl swirls on their LO's I would pleased to her, as I refuse to believe that they just add each pear separately.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great layout!. And the secret confession not so damaging to you ;) As moms, we do need to take care of ourselves better, because if we don't take care of ourselves, then we're too tired and irritated to take care of our family.
    The design and details of this layout are wonderful!
    Thanks for participating! I hope others are as brave to join in this challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprized how quickly you can work! I really like your LO of secret :)
    And about these pearl or crystal swirls - they are made ready to peal and stick :) Girls like the ones from Prima. Have a look: http://www.primamarketinginc.com/index.php/products/by-category-products/say-it-in-crystals-category.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Živilė, that's just what I needed - those Prima peeloff pearls are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thats naughty! you're cheeky mumma! But I'm sure you well deserve those naps!
    I love the way your bed just blends into the whole work, dream world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's interesting... I had a grandmother who shared a similar secret. When she was very young and just married she got a little overwhelmed by her daily tasks. She was expected to keep the household and do many other things on the farm while the men were working in the fields. She was also expected to prepare their meals, ... but sometimes just couldn't. So her trick was hopping into bed and on the men's return she would surprise them by not being in the kitchen. They were all pretty worried (and hungry) when they found her in the bedroom having fallen ill so suddenly, and only hoping she'd got back on her feet soon again.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)