Thursday, October 28, 2010

Christmas Tags - Waltzingmouse Challenge

When I saw this challenge on Waltzingmouse Makes Blog I knew I have to make some tags! I absolutely LOVE tags! And here I am with two tags - well one is the one I like a lot, but the other one will most likely go through some changes :)
I have to say that there are some differences in Christmas traditions in my country. First - gifts are opened in 24th - Christmas Eve and it's done by randomly picking some gift from under the Christmas tree and then, the person who's name is on the package must make some sort of performance to deserve the gift. Usually it is to tell some short Christmas poems. So tags on gifts are very important and as I still don't know to whom I will be giving these tags, I left the name spot empty.
This is the tag I like most. Background shape is cut with my Silhouette (and inked with Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink) and then I cut the same shape from plastic material from a packaging for a doll and embossed it with Tim Holtz Alterations Damask Texture Fades. They do make such a deep impression. Next you could say that I've used Spellbinders Labels Ten Nestabilities and Fancy Tags Shapeabilities, but it truth I just traced those shapes in Illustrator and cut with my Silhouette. Both were dry embossed by hand and then tag was spry painted with gold paint and oval label was inked with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.
Next I used some star brads coloured with gold paint to match little cherub. Next I used some matching blue ribbon with golden accents and a grommet.

From this tag I do like the middle part a lot. The label on top was made again in illustrator combining some ideas taken from these stamp sets: WaltzingMouse Holiday Labels No 14, Very Vintage Labels No 4 and Nina Bracket a Lovely Labels 2. Next I cut the second label using the largest die from Spellbinders Labels 4 and self printed paper. Next I tied green ribbon bow using my self made Bow Easy and strung some beads on headpin.
Background is simply cut from green card and embellished with dots of Marabu Metallic White Liner. Again I used brass grommit threded through with dark red ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. Liva....love both your tags...the colour of the first one is beautiful and your mix of colours in the second is super.....great to 'speak' to someone in Riga...here in Northern Ireland we have many Latvians living and working - indeed we have a lovely family with 3 little boys living 2 houses away. It's wonderful that you can show your folks stamping...you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tags!!! The colors are just great on both (and so different!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags - and both so different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two pretty tags! love the ethereal look to the first one!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)