Thursday, September 30, 2010

Through The Puddles - Color Challenge

This was such a wonderful colours to play with and I was able to use some of my favourite techniques - rough painting and stamping with bubble wrap :)
Pictures are showing Aleksa in one warm summer afternoon just after heavy rain that left our yard full of puddles - just the right place to run and play :)
This one is a layout I liked to make just because I was able to play with my acrylics. At the beginning I only took one piece of card stock, applied some self-made gesso (took some plaster powder (?), PVA and water). Then I started to rough brush my page with that lovely turquoise paint and then took off some parts with dry cloth. Next the fun just begins - I painted some parts of a bubble wrap with that pinkish paint and pressed on my dry page. That really adds some grunge texture which I find very related to my mud covered daughter :)
I used some large stipple brush and painted the area of text with the lightest blue colour.
One of my pictures is placed on light blue patterned paper. This paper is also cut into strips and placed on the left side of my down-most picture with added flower brads. One of these brads already was in that turquoise colour, but other two were painted with matching acrylic paints.
For the upper picture I added this large, matching brad from K&Company (as usual, cause that's almost all I can get here). To pair this brad with something, I added large paper-clip diagonally to this brad.
Title is printed on a transparency and the rubbed on, but it turned out that self-made rubons do not work well on acrylic paints :( - all ink smeared, but on this layout it turned out quite right.
This is the colour palette I made my layout from - and it's ofcourse from http://thecolorroom.ning.com/

1 comment:

  1. Very nice LO! It looks like the theme is tropical jungles or swamps :) The pics are much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)