Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tea time - Blog Hop

I was so eeger to participate in a thing called Blog Hop - I had never before heard of such thing, so Scrapbook Challenges was a reall surprise for me :)
Well, if you're intrigued just as much as I was, then visit Pamela's blog to start the blog hop and visit Hop Start page to start hoping on your own!
This is the sketch we are supposed to make:


I'm  currently visiting my husbands parents' house and I havn't brought with me any scrapping supplies (what a fullish thing to do), so all I was able to get here was:
And this is what I ended up with:
For the background I made some torn magazine paper strips to make collage and then washed with bleach (delicate one doesn't do the trick very well, but that's all I got).
Blocks are simply cut from several different magazine pages and the ones with simplest background are left for title and journaling.
As you can probbably guess - title also is made out of letters cut from magazines. It says tea, as the childern in photo are my husband and his sister drinking tea!
Two flowers are made from different sized circles torn out of magazines, then crumpled and piled on each other. I topped them with some sewn on buttons that I managed to find here :)
Hope you like this, as this is all I was able to come up with without my stash...

23 comments:

  1. awesome awesome awesome!! who needs actual scrap supplies??? love your creativity and your page. reminds me of art journaling work. there is a link on my blog to Marit's Paper World - she offers super wonderful art journaling classes. check it out if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so creative! glad you thought of a way to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and adore what you have done! The artistic spirit finds a way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liva your layout is BRILLIANT!!!!! How clever of you to go hunting up non-scrappy supplies! You made them work beautifully! Huge creative kudos to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And well done the creativity! Just goes to show you can scrap from anything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is so cool. I love the whole look!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Awesome LO and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic!!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! Glad you didn't let a little thing like not having your supplies keep you from joining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely layout. I am visiting here from Scrapbook Challenges Hop!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! lots of techniques here! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! Love what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm certainly impressed at what a great page you created without any scrapping supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! what a creative layout! You've inspired me :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. impressive, i would have been so lost

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is so awesome. I don't think I would have ever thought to do soemthing like this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So creative of you !! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH WOW!!! you did all THIS with NO supplies?! absolutely amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)