Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sweet Sleep! + free illustrator and GSD flower and leaves templates to download

This was such a nice moment and a wonderful photo as well, so I really was amazed when I saw the palette #23 from thecolorroom.ning.com. I just felt like this is the one for this photo. It is the one where Emilia is sleeping in a swinging chair at her grand grandmothers garden.
I looked through my stash and used Classic K 12x12 McKenna Two-Sided Paper Pad and Wild Raspberry 8.5x8.5 Paper Pad both from K&Company. I cut small and large bracket template and then drew them along one side of my 12'' papers to make bracket borders. All paper borders were slightly patted with wet sponge and curled a little bit for a nice vintage look.
Then I made my roses and leaves. Roses are made following Tim Holtz tutorial and colored with light pink and blue spray acrylic paints, then inked using Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Vintage Photo Distress inks.
Leaves were cut (and basic rose shapes as well) with my SD Silhouette - I sure like to use it a lot, don't I? I drew a template looking at a prima rose leave image on internet. Then I coloured them with some green and light yellow spray acrylic paints. Some inking was done with Shabby Shutters, Mustards Seed and Vintage Photo inks.
Title again was cut with my Silhouette from 160gsm card. I cut two layers and attached each onto another for slightly deeper dimension.
Journalling was done with my new Gelly Roller White Opaque pen.
Here is the colour palette used in this layout:
And here are illustrator and GSD files I used in this layout:

http://www.4shared.com/file/4mapP7G0/rose_leaves.html - AI file of rose leaves
http://www.4shared.com/file/EJ32E16r/rose_leaves.html - GSD file of rose leaves
http://www.4shared.com/file/DVj2bQQA/tim_holtz_roses.html - AI file of rose shapes
http://www.4shared.com/file/UgqPNFh0/tim_holtz_roses.html - GSD file of rose shapes

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)