Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Grandmothers Salt Box

As a little child I remember visiting my grandmother in her flat in Riga, there were so many interesting and beautiful things to see, but somehow I tend to remember even most insignificant things - just like this old wooden box that my gran used to keep salt in her kitchen. When I raided my granny's attic (I do that a lot, as I am totally addicted to finding old stuff to collect and preferably decoupage later), I found this box and gran even didn't remember it before I reminded her of what it was and where she used to keep it. Well no wonder - as it is older than I am and gran is not getting any younger :)
I hope you like what I have done with it:
I had to do a lot of sanding and fill cracks - I like to use Sadolin micro filler as it is very smooth and dries very quickly. I like it also because I can get it in a very small tube so it doesn't take a lot of space. I sponged all surface with white and slightly pink acrylic paint and glued all my hand-cut roses and butterflies - all from Stamperia. Later I made some cracks (actually they didn't turn out like I wanted them, but overall effect is quite nice). I just can't wait to show this to my granny and see what she thinks of it now :)

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)