Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Heart to Hear Card Drive

Carolyn King from http://myblogbycammie.blogspot.com is making this wonderful card making and giving event to people who take care of people with Alzheimer's disease. The main idea is to thank someone who is taking care of these sick people by giving him/her a greeting card. I had never heard of such an idea before, but I think it is very noble to do so. All I was able to find is that people with Alzheimer's disease in Latvia are investigated and included in the special list in Riga Eastern University Hospital (SIA „Rīgas Austrumu klīniskā universitātes slimnīca”, Hipokrāta iela 2, Rīga, LV – 1038) and I decided to send my card to them with a note to give it to a person who deserves it.
Heres my card:
I made it some time ago and was waiting for someone special to give it to and now is the time. I used a white A6 card blank and covered with printed patterned paper (sorry - no idea where I got the design from). Then used two paper doilies and inked one with my pink Cat's Eye ink pad. I adhered dark brown card frame all around the paper using sticky foam pads for extra dimension.
I cut some flower shapes from the same patterned paper and also raised them with sticky foam pads.
Flower is made out of pink organza with slightly burned edges and an artificial pearl in the middle.
I wanted a little bit of bling, so I added some rhinestones to circle parts of my patterned paper of matching size.
You could also enter this event and win fabulous amount of all kind of different prizes, including ones from Card Maker magazine, Spellbinders, Theresa Momber and more. Prizes also includes cards given by Kimberly Crawford, Asela Hopkins, Kim Hughes and many more.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)