Sunday, September 5, 2010

Eggdays scrapbook layout

As I'm a very recent scrapbooker and very reluctant blogger, I have a pile of unscrapped photos, so when I saw the 215 sketch

in http://scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/ I just new I must make it using these 4 small photos from year 2009 easter, fetauring our egg basket and my oldest daughter Aleksa.

For this layout I used two patterned papers - for background - some very light greenish tiny patterned flowers, and for smallest panel - some big dotted paper. I am not very sure, but I think they both come from K&Company - but as I said - not so sure about that.
For the smallest panel I also punched border with Fiskars Embossing Border Punch - Scalloped Daisy.
As I am making my own stamps, I have them quite lot. And I have made this egg stamp from one of my fonts, that I downloaded from www.dafont.com. I used this stamp and TH (Tim Holtz) Distressing inks - Milled Lavender, Mustard seeds, Shabby Shutters, Broken China and Worn Lipstick, to stamp a random pattern for my biggest panel. Well it's not really possible to see in pic, but these colors are chosen to match the dots in smallest panel.
Then I centered all my photos and cropped them to match the size of one portrait photo and matted with light green card.
For yournaling labels I used stamping with masking - on a scrap paper I stamped one egg and cutted out middle part of it - the part I wanted to be masked. Then used some repositionable glue to adhere this mask to card and stamped over (with aligning the designs - as my stamps are clear ones, that is not a big deal). This meade egg without the middle part, that could be used for yournaling. I made three eggs as the sketch asks for, using most dominant colors of my layout - except for the red color which I left for the title.
I adhered some yellow lace ribbon from my grand grandmothers supplies I inherited from her, using double sided tape. The bow is made using something similar I made to Bow Easy - just cutted some chipboard to match the shape of Bow Easy.
Then I painted chipboard letters with some red acrylic paint and that was it!
This is my second ever layout that was made out of sketch - hope to post soon my first one as I think it turned out pretty well.


0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)