Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st ever layout from sketch - Sun Bunnies

One day I just felt like scrappin - isn't that somewhat familiar? LOL. Well I decided to go for a layout created out of sketch, as I had never done that before. There was a page on my table printed out from Scrapbookinspirations webpage with several leyout sketches - it had laid there for quite long time. I went through my photos and found one that caught my eye. So this is what I ended up with:

For my background I used Life's Journey Blue Floral & Lace Flat Paper and for panel and tab I used paper from McKenna Two-Sided Paper Pad, both from K&Company.
Flowers are made in decoupage technique - I cut out roses from napkin and glued first layer onto watercolor paper with decoupage medium Colla Velo from Stamperia. After roses were dry, I embossed them with stylus - vines from upper side, but petals from other side. Then I used some very thick double sided tape to attach roses to layout.
I had some ribbon with tassels in matching color, so I new this is where I should use it. Journaling is done with a calligraphy pen 02.
Title says something like Sun Bunnies - I do not know how to translate this, because that's the name in Latvian for light that comes from sun and sort of  "plays" on walls, people and other things. I made title in Illustrator, then transferred to my CraftRobo software and cut 6 pieces out of 160gsm or so called tag paper. All six pieces were glued together on each other and painted with acrylic paint - I did that several times, because I couldn't decide on colour. Well to be honest I still don't know if I like it or not. I added also some Martha Stewart's fine glitter making some small lines with a glue pen.
Finally I attached some very large greenish button from my grandmothers stash (I occasionally visit my mothers and grandmothers shelves for some interesting scrapping supplies).

1 comment:

  1. wow what beautiful layout!!!
    thanks for visiting been on my blog

    and have a nice day
    XXcarla

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)